WAVE BursariesTo attend Lisbon Addictions (23-25 Oct 2024)
The WAVE bursary application process is open from 24/10/2023 to 31/1/2024
WAVE Bursary aplications
The WAVE project (Workforce in Addictions · Valorisation in Europe) intends to award bursaries to up to 120 participants, who would otherwise not be able to attend, supporting their travel, accommodation, and/or the registration fee for the Lisbon Addictions Conference 2024 (LxAddictions24), to enable them to participate in the WAVE Track activities and other sessions at the LxAddictions24.
The bursary application process involves 2 parts:
- Completion of the WAVE Stakeholder Survey (we will ask for your input to a mapping initiative on addiction workforce standards – personnel, policy, service guidelines and training)
- An application form with supporting documentation (you will be directed to this after the stakeholder survey and will need to submit an updated CV, Letter of Motivation, and names and e-mail addresses of up to 2 referees)
To start your application follow this link to the WAVE Stakeholder Survey:
WAVE Bursary selection criteria
The bursaries will be awarded with the following selection criteria in mind:
- Input to the WAVE participatory process: participation in one of the WAVE CoP working groups to contribute to the development of the WAVE track will be a positive asset. (FIND OUT HOW TO GET INVOLVED)
- Scientific/professional excellence: The scope and achievements of the academic and/or professional practice of the applicant in accordance with their career stage (even at early stages) and the opportunities afforded by their sector and/or home country context will be taken into account.
- Geographic scope: Applications will be eligible from EU Countries and any country worldwide collaborating with EU countries on addiction policy issues, with priority given to those from countries with fewer funding opportunities.
- Under-resourced background: Applicants from middle and lower income countries (GDP less than 90% of the EU average), less research-intensive settings, early career stages (within 4 years of obtaining latest qualification) and stakeholder sectors with scarce resources to fund their attendance at such events will be prioritised for funding if they fulfil the criteria for relevance, scope and achievements of academic and/or professional career and practice.
- Engagement in LxAddictions24: Active engagement in the conference will be viewed favourably and can be indicated, for instance, through the submission of an abstract to present at LxAddictions24 (in line with the requirements of scientific quality and formats of proposals), irrespective of whether the submission is accepted. Entry to the WAVE Cinema Video Contest will also be an asset.
The selection process aimed to ensure balance in stakeholder profiles, gender, career stage and geography, as far as is possible.